Monday, November 19, 2012

My Kaethe Kruse doll triplets

Some might know that I not just love bears but that I am also a doll collector.

On the weekend I went to a doll show and look what I got: another Kaethe Kruse baby doll. 
I already had the twins (the sleeping one in the middle and the one with the pink ribbon on the right).
The one on the left, I call him a boy because of the blue ribbon, made my twins to triplets!
These dolls are also known as "sandbabies". They are sized and heavy like a real baby and were initially made in the 1920s to train nurses in hospitals. They are also known as "Du Mein" and "Traeumerchen".
Maybe one day they will become Quadruplets!

2 comments:

  1. Deine Käthe Kruse Babys sind wunderschön!
    Ich beneide dich sehr!
    Liebe Grüße
    Gitti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they all behave and don't cry for you. He is lovely.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete