Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Back home

This is how it looked this morning in South Florida when I wanted to buy some items for my trip back home. The parking lot in front of the store was entirely flooded after yesterday's heavy rainfall thanks to storm Isaac. This wasn't the only place that was under water. I wished I had my camera handy and not packed. There were so many interesting photo opportunities!
 During the 10 hour drive unfortunately I had to pass numerous car accidents, most likely caused by the rain and wet roads.
Thankfully I made it home safely and I hope that Isaac will not cause too many problems in other areas..

3 comments:

  1. Hallo Marion,

    schön zu hören das du wohlbehalten wieder zu Hause angekommen bist. Gerade nach einer so langen anstrengenden Fahrt unter diesen Bedingungen.

    Liebe Grüße
    Ulf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Marion, das waren sicherlich chaotische Zustände! Gut das du heil zu Hause angekommen bist.
    Liebe Grüße
    Gitti

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must have been a frightening ride. Looks like the wind is so strong on the telli here in Australia. Stay safe every one.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete