Monday, December 19, 2011

A mohair bear for a change!

My newest member of the bearkidz-family is Martin.

At my visit in October to the Euro-Teddy show in Essen (Germany) I had bought some mohair fabric, 
just in case .... ! 
Sometimes I want to work with a different material, other than yarn and it is nice to have some materials on hand when the mood strikes. Exactly this is what happened, and the result is Martin.

He is 7.5 inches tall and made from sparse German mohair. His face is needle felted, his paw pads are made from a suede-like fabric. I have applied shading with dry oil paint and knitted a hooded vest. Martin is disk/cotter pin jointed and weighted for a nice feel.


2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family and all the best for 2012

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Syl' and Merry Christmas to you and your family too!

    Hugs,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete